THE 2017 GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED
The 2018 grant application process will be announced January 2018.
If you have any questions please contact Anne Wescott, Grant Administrator, at email@example.com
Who is Eligible to receive a grant?
- Emerging, mid-career and established artists in the visual, performing and literary arts who reside in Ada or Canyon County.
- Those who have received Alexa Rose Foundation grants may apply but preference may be given to first-time applicants.
Examples of What Alexa Rose Foundation Grants May Fund in 2017/18:
- Tuition for classes/workshops in your chosen field or in a new medium (private instruction, college or independent organization)
- Study/work with a mentor
- Support for travel related to a specific project such as a new work of art or series
- A conference or workshop related to creative work in the arts
- Support to create a new work or exhibition that will be shared/shown with an audience
- Funding for equipment or materials that will further the artists’ career or ability to create
You may apply for up to $5,000 for your proposed grant.
Criteria for Review
While the quality of the artist’s work will be considered, the primary criteria for the award of the Foundation grants is the potential for the grant to significantly impact the individual’s creative practice or development as an artist.
Required Application Materials
Please provide the following information in one PDF with your first and last name as the title:
A one-page narrative answering these questions:
Who are you and what inspires you?
For what opportunity would you like to use this grant funding?
How will this opportunity make a difference in your creative practice and life as an artist?
A budget showing how much is requested, other funding sources, an itemized list of how the funds would be used, and a brief description of how the budget was determined. Include supporting information such as copies of brochures with tuition rates, airplane ticket and lodging estimates from a travel website, etc.
Samples of past work. Visual artists should include up to 10 images within their one PDF. Writers should provide up to 15 pages of written work within their one PDF (i.e., 12-15 poems; a short story; part of a play; a chapter of a book, etc.). Filmmakers and performing artists should provide up to 10 minutes of video or audio files where indicated in the form below (our system cannot accept downloads; please provide links to YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc., and passwords where necessary).
Optional: supporting materials regarding grant request (i.e. workshop brochure, course description).